EUROPEAN VOLUNTEERING (ESC)
Erasmus+ gives an opportunity for youth to volunteer travel and learn in another country for a specified period (2 weeks to 12 months). The volunteering activities can be, for example, in the field of environment, arts and culture, activities with children, young people or the elderly, heritage or sports and leisure activities.
- Age Limit: 18-30
- Ability to communicate and work in a foreign language (In most cases English).
- Interest and motivation to work on the topic of the volunteering placement.
- Committed to volunteer full time for a selected period of time.
Who can participate?
Everybody who is 18-30 years old and is regularly resident in Italy can take part in the Erasmus+ volunteering opportunities. The volunteering activities can be, for example, in the field of environment, arts and culture, activities with children, young people or the elderly, heritage or sports and leisure activities.
How long do they last?
European Solidarity Corps co-funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus Plus program usually lasts
from 2 weeks to 12 months.
Where do they take place?
Most of the projects take place in the European Union member countries or in neighboring countries such as United Kingdom, Turkey, Norway, Iceland, Macedonia, Liechtenstein etc.
The travel costs to and from country of volunteering are covered under Erasmus+ up to a certain amount depending on the travel distance. In order to get a reimbursement, you must keep all of the original travel tickets and boarding passes.
Each volunteer receives monthly pocket money (depending on country of departure).
Hosting organisation provides food or allowance for food.
Accommodation and utilities are fully covered by the project organisers.
Volunteers are insured by private health insurance throughout their whole volunteering period.
The European Volunteering (European Solidarity Corps) Erasmus+ gives an opportunity for youth to volunteer travel and learn in another country for a specified period (2 weeks to 12 months). It offers young people (from 18 to 30 years old) opportunities to show solidarity, express their commitment to the benefit of communities and help resolve challenging situations across Europe. At the same time, it enables young people to acquire useful experience, skills and competences for their personal, educational, social, civic and professional development, thereby improving their employability.
Vitality is a European Solidarity Corps project that brings vitality and dynamism on different levels:
– In the rural community of Alta Langa and lower Piedmont by introducing 3 foreign volunteers who give visibility to the opportunities of the Erasmus program offered by Vagamondo Youth Organization, they collaborate with local entities in the realization of festivals and events and of their own personal project.
– In the lives of 3 young Europeans by giving them the opportunity to experience themselves outside of their own local reality and to discover new passions, enhancing undervalued talents. The project also provides learning opportunities in the field of youth work and by getting involved in projects for young people organized at local and at international level
– In the associations involved in the project: Associazione Vagamondo will receive new inputs and new ideas from the European volunteers that will increase the offer and the capacity of the association to operate at local, national and international level